Stolen/Missing. Beloved friend

JillA

Visit site
Is it yours? Or a friends? If so, can you make sure everywhere - but EVERWHERE, ditches, hedges, ground hollows - have been searched, too many assume they have been stolen when actually they are in trouble and might be okay if you find them quickly. Especially if there are no cut fences or broken padlocks. Hope you find him.

Highlands

Visit site
Friends, they have searched every inch no sign, from Ramsey St Mary's. Cambs. Very diligent owners. Know them through my ponies in the show ring.

DebbieCG

Visit site
How awful :( I hope he is found soon.

Do you have a crime number from the police?

The details are being shared fairly extensively on FB - here is copy confirmation of the crime ref number:

"Can everybody please share this picture to help get this pony home as he needs medication...URGENT - Missing/believed stolen from Ramsey Saint Marys, Cambs TicToc an elderly 11hh Welsh grey gelding. He has Cushings and needs his medication. Crime reference number 304/7/12/13."

star26

Visit site
I've just seen this on fb and shared on my wall. It's disgusting that anyone would steal such a sweet old pony, especially one who belonged to a little boy. I really hope there is some good news soon.

Please keep us updated.

Biglets Mummy

Visit site
Any news on this little pony?? Cant stop thinking about him and his little heartbroken friend. Sending love to them and hoping he comes home very very soon.xxx

OWLIE185

Visit site
Ensure that all local CCTV is immediately checked especially for Transit type vans. There has been a spate of Shetland ponies stolen in this was earlier this year and the end of last year.

DebbieCG

Visit site
Can the owner get details out to the local radio station and local newspaper? Can anyone advise and contact all markets/sales/auctions with the poster and details?

minwood

Visit site
Hi, I have shared on facebook in tunbridge wells area in kent! I'm so sorry to hear of this and am absolutely gutted for your little boy too. Really hope he's found soon :( xxx

southerncomfort

Visit site
I've contacted our local PC Branch - Whaddon Chase - asking them to circulate Tic Toc's details....perhaps everyone could contact their own local branch and make the same request? I've done the same with our local Riding Club.

Just feel heartbroken for this little boy. I honestly expected TT to turn up dumped somewhere when the scumbags realised how elderly he is. Praying for his safe return before Christmas.

fatpiggy

Visit site
Beloved friend.

No freezemark.

Very beloved then.

Please freezemark. 99% recovery rate. Would probably be back in its paddock by tea time if it had of been marked.

What a horrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself, but given many of your other posts, I don't think you have any concept of that.

powderly

Visit site
Beloved friend.

No freezemark.

Very beloved then.

Please freezemark. 99% recovery rate. Would probably be back in its paddock by tea time if it had of been marked.

What a nasty attitude, I hope that the pony's owner doesn't read this as you would just be adding to her anguish . I was taught that if you haven't got anything nice to say then say nothing !!!

OWLIE185

Visit site
What I would tell you is that stolen horses can end up at the other end of the country very quickly (within 12 hours) having gone through a number of different people.

I would contact all the slaughter houses and horse markets/auctions immediately followed by all the equine vet practices and farriers. I would also get a poster put up at every travellers camp in the country as quick as possible.

fatpiggy

Visit site
can a grey be freezemarked? I always thought they couldn't cause freeze marking turns the hair grey. Please correct me if wrong. And Applecart14 don't think the owners need to hear this

Yes, they can be marked but it isn't as visible as on a non-grey. The irons are held on for longer so that the fur is killed to such a degree it dies and falls out leaving the mark as pink skin.