Stolen While on Loan

lindajones

Visit site
March 2010 i let a man have my mare Jiggy ,on a 3month loan with view to buy . At the end of the loan period he said that he wanted to buy her . We agreed the price and i waited for the money . No money came but lots of excuses ,must have sent it to the wrong address ,must have got lost in the post etc . The man has now moved house and although i know his work address i dont know where my horse is . He has now become nasty and wont tell me where my horse is and wont pay for her either . I know that she is on a private yard in Hayle ,Cornwall . She is 15.1hh piebald cob ,no feather . If anyone knows where she is please,please let me know . I have contacted the police and reported her stolen and horsewatch , but still cant find her ! Any other ideas ?

Dolcé

Visit site
Have the police been to see him? Personally I would be camping outside his work and basically stalking him to find out where she is! Good luck in getting her back

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
Ditto to contact Missing Horses on Loan, you know a rough area for her so they'll definitely be able to find her

I can confirm she is on Stolen Horse Register with photo

Cuffey

Visit site
JiggystonloanCornwall.jpg

Luci07

Visit site
OP doesn't know where the horse is, hence asking the forum to help track it down.

Presume once she knows where it is, she can just go and collect it? or is there something she needs to do from a legal perspective? I would however, definately tell the police you were intending to do that BEFORE you retrieve the mare - can this be seen as a criminial matter so they would need to be there so you can get her back? sure some of the legal bods here can answer those questions..

however - if you have a strong suspicion you know where this mare is, I would keep that quiet in case someone feels they need to warn the person in question

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
If only it was that simple, there is the risk of tresspassing, not to mention risk of theft, crazy isnt it? its even more complicated when someone claims ownership. Unfortunatly the only route is to follow the book by the letter and do it legally.

timthearab

Visit site
If only it was that simple, there is the risk of tresspassing, not to mention risk of theft, crazy isnt it? its even more complicated when someone claims ownership. Unfortunatly the only route is to follow the book by the letter and do it legally.

This is the best way, i had the same problems with getting Tim, i was told they would arrest me for theft of my own horse..... play it by the book ..... and push push push

lindajones

Visit site
I am now very happy to report that with the help of " horses stolen while on loan " and the police my mare has been found . Sadly after getting a crime report number the police did absolutely nothing to help me ! It wasnt until i made a formal complaint about their total lack of interest that they lept into action . I cant thank the honest members of the horse world enough for their help . I have made some very good ,new friends during this time . Thank you . You know who you are ! xxx

MHOL

Visit site
I am now very happy to report that with the help of " horses stolen while on loan " and the police my mare has been found . Sadly after getting a crime report number the police did absolutely nothing to help me ! It wasnt until i made a formal complaint about their total lack of interest that they lept into action . I cant thank the honest members of the horse world enough for their help . I have made some very good ,new friends during this time . Thank you . You know who you are ! xxx

Can you email us an update, well done for keeping the pressure on. Fingers crossed for a happy outcome, we should change our name lol as yes you are right Horses stolen on loan, when will the police see the wider picture and realise some people are making big money out of this.

lindajones

Visit site
Unfortunately ,i can say no more on line for all to see than the situation has been sorted ! I have learnt alot during this whole thing . Firstly make sure you have good pics of you horse not just fun pics but from each side ,front etc and put the date on the back of them . Hold a sample of you horses DNA . Always have a copy of your horses passport . Get a bill of sale when you buy a horse ,having the passport proves nothing ! Make a note of the person you bought them off . Infact have as much proof as you can that you own the horse even if you bred it ! And always have a contract if you loan them out . The law is an ass and there are alot of people out there who know how to use it to their advantage . MOST OF ALL JOIN YOUR LOCAL HORSE WATCH . You dont know when you will need them !!! I live in Hopton Wafers nr Kidderminster and if anyone ever needs my help to search for or hide a rescued horse please please contact me . Without the help of other honest horse loving strangers who live the other end of the country from me this situation would never have been resolved . Many ,many thanks x