Stonar ISODE

baily

Visit site
Just seen on there web site that it is off due to the cross country and show jumping being under water....
When is this going to stop...most of my grazing is under water..cant get lorry out for road floods...would hate to need a vet at moment not sure they could get to us very easily...

Ibblebibble

Visit site
half the local area is under water, i'm not surprised they had to cancel:( the river avon broke it's banks yesterday in melksham, this morning the amount of water has lifted the cover of a drain on a main road and caused chaos, the drains in my field can't cope with the water and i'm slowly flooding:( I have my mare in with an abcessed foot and i'm starting to worry about the stable flooding, i'm going back down in a bit to see if i can somehow pump water with the petrol pump away from the stable. Problem we have here is that even if it stopped raining now, the water coming down the river and streams from higher up is going to cause us flooding for the next few days at least!

baily

Visit site
I heard GWR say Melksham was a problem with traffic..I was going to get some feed but can't get there in my little car..in fact another day or two like this I won't be able to get to the yard due to the floods only 4x4's will be of any use...
Such a shame with so much time and money put into these events...