Storage

Twiglet

Visit site
hi guys.....does anyone have any recommendations for storage, particularly rugs? I've got one of those plastic type boxes from B&Q which is quite good, but I've now got to find storage for all my stuff, which is proving to be a bit of a pain!
anyone come up with any improvisations that worked?!

Safina

Visit site
We have just moved yards and had to downsize from our own tackroom with shelving and rug racks to a shared small space in a communal tack room.

We bought rug bags from shires - they hold 5 large/heavy rugs or about 10 thinner rugs and are waterproof and can be padlocked as the zip. They are only £10 or so each.

My father-in-law made us two tack storage boxes that each hold 2 saddles, 2 bridles and have a shelf for hats/boots/everyday essentials. They cost £200+ in Derby House but he made them (out of damp-proofed wood) for £35 each.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I've got a bit wooden chest that I keep a lot of stuff in - it's about 4ft tall, and 6ft long. Other things like rugs etc that are clean and not in use get stored in the attic.

My tack lives at home.

showjump2003

Visit site
I use plastic storage boxes that are pretty cheap from a local store near me. As my tackroom is outside I am always worried about things getting damp or nibbled! These boxes come in all different sizes! Including one big enough to take a full sized rug. I think the big size costs about £7. I literraly have everything in boxes! It also makes things much easier to find!

vicster

Visit site
We have those rug hangers they don't take up much space and are not overly expesnive it's good for drying your rugs out too
smile.gif