Storm near miss for Layla!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We had a horrendous night here last night and this morning found poor Layla with a tree protruding into her stable through the roof! Luckily she is a calm sort and didn't seem upset, but how lucky is that.
The trainer who teaches here all Sunday morning had few people on her lessons too as the lane was blocked by a fallen tree, she just parked her car , climbed over it and arrived five minutes late. I met one trailer load who obviously had to reverse out as we didn't have time to warn anyone.
We lost some slates, a lovely Rhus tree from the garden, but the electricity stayed on, even the modem worked again after restarting it.
Still shocked re the tree, it was on a bank the other side of the lane behind the stable, and just toppled roots and all resting on the roof. OH dragged it off with the tractor and we now need some slates tomorrow to repair the roof.
I hope it doesn't return again this evening...

LauraBR

Visit site
shocked.gif
glad Layla is ok!!!

not_with_it

Visit site
Poor Layla, that is so lucky. *touches wood* we've not had the same weather up north as you seem to have had, its just so windy we havent been able to ride the horses.

BBs

Visit site
OH hell
shocked.gif

It was bad here around 5am real hard rain and very very strong winds.

Jeez does sound like the west country had the worst
frown.gif
I am just pleased to hear that Layla was all okay and not hurt or scared in anyway!
Someone was looking over her last night.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
shocked.gif
wow does sound like a lucky miss
sounds like its a good job your horse in nice and calm

hope you can get everything sorted and fixed tomorrow

hope nothing like happens at our yard, we had gale force winds when i left