Stormy day support group!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Am standing watching my mare have a graze and walk about with poultice boot firmly on. Legs have started to swell as a result of being in due to last weeks injury. Can't let her out in her field as it resembles a mud bog. ?

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Got half way down the hill and was met with a fallen tree so had to turn around and go a different way, it meant we were hacking for 2 hours rather than the usual 1.5 hours it takes to do this route. An extra 30 minutes is a lot when you’re soaked through and frozen half to death ?
48753852-72ED-48E1-B78C-906883BE46B6.jpeg

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Dennis was not too much of a menace here yesterday, but overnight and today o_O... Kept mine in for a few hours this morning for a kip and a chance to dry out of the wind. Then put them back out after moving the strip grazing, where they zigzagged to and fro from the field shelter to the fresh grass depending on how torrential the rain was.
This is my driest field, it still has lying water in it.

E7D78AAD-14D1-471C-9F96-9452771BF8E7.png

6A806E74-B7E9-41A0-ADD5-63B1B7F5749C.png

Anyone seen this video of the vehicle ferry docking at Adrossan (SW Scotland) on Friday? Very neat work getting that behemoth safely into its berth. Not sure I’d have been up for joining it for the return trip though!

CalMac crew praised for berthing lurching ferry at Ardrossan https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-51522580

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Mine will be in at night all this week, if I could restrict them further, then I would.
Usually they would be out 24/7 but fields so damned sodden that they need a break from hooves making holes in, and the animals could do with drying feet out.