Straight cut top long leather boots for showing

C&C

Visit site
Do they have to be straight cut for showing?? Hope not as my new ones are dressage tops! :/

And yes, what did happen to the garter straps, you dont see them anymore.

Tuffles 23

Visit site
I have a lovely pair which where a B-day prezzie 20 years ago :D but sadly after 2 kids and not being as fit as i was i can get them on but O help when i want to get them off lol

Tzarinaarabians

Visit site
Does anyone sell these anymore. Everything seems to be a dressage top these days.
Try here, I was nearly in tears trying to find straight cut boots. You have a choice of colours, you can have them topped if required, I had patent tops put on mine and garter straps attached. I really dont like the dressage type boots, its all a question of the individual taste I find, and not being blessed in the long legs dept, found they didnt look right either. IMO they are divine and a good price as well

http://www.equitector.com/hunting-boots.cfm

Tzarinaarabians

Visit site
Exactly my thoughts when I saw your post, Pinkatc :D

Just been looking on the Regent site and I like the Pro Police style, especially seeing as how they are non-zipped. Does anyone have any idea of price range for Regent

Last edited:

Orchardbeck

Visit site
I have some straight cut regent Europa boots in a size three if you are interested, hardly worn as they are too small for me but gutted as they are gorgeous boots. Pm me if interested.

Prince&Porper

Visit site
I found in the bottom of my wardrobe a pair of straight cut Hawkins, no zip with garter strap and good old leather soles!! I tried desperatley to get them on as they look just about broken in but no chance apparently my legs have got even wider since being a teenager! Off to get the zip repaired in my "fashionable" but not half as elegant boots then!!

Fizz06

Visit site
I'm currently selling a pair of straight cut long boots, handmade English leather. Don't want much for them. Size 8/8.5...

velv

Visit site
I think the regent ones are around the £350 mark. I am also looking for some straight cut ones with a garter strap for showing. I have thin calves and size 6 so I think I will need a made to measure service which regent doesnt do. If Im spending that much I want them to fit properly. Im keeping a look out on ebay for cheaper ones to keep me going (which I wont mind being a bit big) until I can afford some expensive ones.

spottybotty

Visit site
I had my daughters dressage top boots altered to straights with a garter strap.It was a hell of a job finding boots as she is a ladies size 11. Theses were just over £100 and then about £25 for the adjustment by my saddler.
dressage tops
CTChamps032.jpg

Straight tops with garter strap
kane138.jpg

Brandy

Visit site
I bought a pair of regent straight top boots, no zip but also no strap, for about £100 a few years ago at PUK.

Dressage top boots are not strictly correct for showing, but then you seem to be able to get away with a lot more these days regarding incorrect turnout.

KautoStar1

Visit site
C&C - correct dress for the show ring is straight cut with a garter strap although I don’t think you’d be asked to leave the ring if you were wearing dressage tops  but its definitely more appropriate at county level and upwards.
I think I am correct in saying that its only straight tops that have a garter strap.

Regents do seem to be a popular choice so I’m going to see what I can find on ‘tinterweb’.
I’d love some brown ones, which would look super with tweed for hunter classes, but I think black is more practical tho.