straight sesamoid ligament injury

Menolly

Visit site
Does anyone have any experiences of inflammation of the straight sesamoid ligament?

Had diagnosis last month after a lameness work up at the vets. Went in for neck X-rays as hopping in trot and found neck arthritis and this,although they feel the ligament is unrelated.

He was injected into c6 and I was given a rehab plan and he’s been turned out in a small paddock.

He’s field sound and always has been and we are now up to 20min hand walking.

He was ridden for vet assessment as lameness was only present with someone onboard and ridden into contact (they used a pro rider aswell as me) so I’m unsure yet what the future holds! Has anyone had anything similar ?

The ultrasound showed no tearing just enlargement so hoping it’s just R&R.

I can get on him at walk the week after next and rescan in Feb. Vets prognosis was ‘fair’ and more concerned with the ligament than the arthritis ( no spineal impingement and only picked up on second look).

Hes a riding club horse so not expected to go back to high competition etc - would settle for hacking at the moment 🙏🙏

I can’t find much about this Injury and don’t know anyone who’s had it. Am I lucky enough that someone here has?

Big Thanks !

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I bought an ex racer with a sesamoid ligament injury in one hind leg, which ended his racing career.. After a year off, I brought him back into work and he never had an issue with it again.