Strange lump on chin

Robynsteward

Visit site
heya wondering if anyone can help.

I went to check my little shetland earlier and he appeared to have a lump under his chin just about on the bone. It was the size of a small marble and it has come up in the last 2 days.

There is no heat and the skin over the lump is fine if a little bit thin and the hair has remained the same, and it is painless for me to touch. He can eat fine, open his mouth, drink etc and doesnt seem to bother him.

I was wondering if it could be a insect bite that as caused an allergy? It's probably nothing, me over-reacting about it. Just dont want my little boy to be suffering.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
laugh.gif

Patches

Visit site
I noticed the exact same lump on Oliver tonight.

No pain, no reaction when it's messed with. He's rising 5 but hadn't got his 5 year old teeth when he was rasped a few weeks ago. I'm assuming it's teeth bumps.

Robynsteward

Visit site
I was wondering could it be a hornet sting? i didnt put any fly repellent on when i turned him out at the weekend so i was wondering if it could be something like that.

Tia

Visit site
Oh! Well you can be pretty assured that it isn't tooth-bumps then LOL!!

Yes maybe it is a sting or it could be an abscess. I'd just keep an eye on it over the next few days if I was you.

mlm

Visit site
i had a 4yo that developed a lump under her chin it was an abcess from where wolf teeth were taken out 1 week prior

H-J

www.piczo.com
Does he wear a muzzle? No matter how much I pad mine out they still rub at 1st and cause a hard lump under the chin