strange lumps

Rachntabby

Term Time: Manchester Holiday: Stoke-on-Trent
Visit site
tabs came in this morning with what looks like a cross between fly bites and a heat rash
confused.gif
i dont know what the hell it is? its on both sides of her neck in lines
have bathed it in hibiscrub and whitch hazel as it seems sore and kept her in with a haynet which she is not happy about
havent changed anything recently and her glands are not swollen so cant be anything she has ate
really confused
confused.gif

will try and get pics soon

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Could be nettle rash? One of ours completely swelled up a few weeks ago (and I mean all over) he looked like a WB with his swollen TB face!! He seemed fine in himself, eating, no laboured breathing etc. We thought of a bee sting, but was too widespread for that so what we figured out was that he must have rolled in an ants nest or something.

We did ring the vets and explained his condition, but they said just to monitor him. Sure enough, his skin went down over the next couple of days.

I wouldnt' worry too much about it really, as long as she is eating and breathing, I am sure its just a mild allergic reaction to something
smile.gif

lynsey1808

Visit site
I had this with my TB last week. TBH I saw him and freaked out, it looked absolutely awful, huge lumps the size of plates! It was mostly on his neck and shoulder and bizarrely mainly on one side. It didn't bother him at all and it didn't itch. I made a decision that if it hadn't gone within three days I'd call the vet.
Two days later he was back to normal. Have no idea what it was but I gather it seems to be quite common at this time of year.

GoJo

Visit site
archie had this a couple of days ago, all down one side of his body/neck and belly, loads of lumps and they looked itchy. gave him some piriton but didnt do anything so next day gave him synepin and they've gone down now.
YO thinks its nettle rash or he's rolled in an ants nest!!

Llwyncwn

Visit site
There are a couple of horses on the yard with it atm (urticaria) to varying degrees. Vet came on Monday for unrelated visit and said that her own horse has had this for a few days and it is just an allergic reaction to 'something'. Maybe they have been nibbling in the hedgerows and eaten something unsavory?

BlackWhite381

Visit site
My horse had something similar came up on his back like fly bites/sweat rash was quite sore when touched and i couldn't ride him for months he lost all his hair from his back and had the vet out to do blood tests and biopsy(sp?) couldn't find out what it was
frown.gif
Did heal up eventually.

Might be nothing with your horse but i would just keep an on it eye
wink.gif