Strange marks on horses muzzle

Jayzee

Visit site
Just looking for some thoughts on the cause of the strange marks on my ponies muzzle.

When I came down to the yard in the morning, my pony had some red marks on her muzzle which looked at first very much like fresh blood. It looked like three scratch marks, similar to a cat scratch,however the lines were wider. When looking closer the lines were actually what looked like marker pen of felt-tip type marker. Which did not wash off with a sponge.

This has made me a little worried as I cant work out what has caused it, seems like someone has drawn on her.

Can anyone share any ideas

Thanks

Jayzee

Visit site
Is there anything red in or around her stable? Horses/ponies like to scratch on the oddest of things.
I had a good look, the stable partitions are all wood and there is no sharp metal. She had a red tartan rhino rug on, but can't believe that that's the problem??

Cowpony

Visit site
Could it be twigs in the hay scratching her muzzle? We had awful hay a few weeks ago, and mine had scratches all over the place. She has a pink muzzle so it really showed.

Mule

Visit site
That's a strange one. I doubt someone would draw on her. Mabey it's something that just looks like pen marks. I haven't a clue what that could be.