Strange scabby sores

Wizpop

Visit site
Hi all, I’ll be talking to vet tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone has any idea what these could be. They are in rather an odd place too - at the side of her tail, about 6” down from dock. I first noticed them earlier week when I was grooming her, I thought there was something stuck to her coat but when I picked at it, a scab came off with raw, red skin skin underneath. Theres
quite a few and some feel as though they aare under her skin. I’ve hibiscrubbed and treated with sudocrem for now but yesterday I noticed a swelling lower down than the scabby area so am assuming it’s inflammation or fluid. All very odd at this time of year as I might have thought it was bites if in warmer weather. She is bedded on shavings - could it be something in them? Be grateful to hear if anyone with any suggestions/ experience. As I said, talking to vet tomorrow but quite puzzled???

Wizpop

Visit site
They’re in such an odd place! I wouldn’t have thought so but I suppose you just never know ( had a horse once who had rainscald behind its ear- from scratching with hoof!) I’m going to attempt photos but tricky because of where they are and she’s black!

rextherobber

Visit site
One of mine had this late autum time, always in when wet as hates the rain, so probably not rainscald, I treated in the same way you have, they went. I noticed the other day, she has awful huge dandruff flakes in her dock tail hair now, she's had her tail washed since the scabby incident, I wonder if it's connected? Very odd..

Wizpop

Visit site
Think it’s the fact that there’s some swelling lower down the inside of her thigh, below the scabs and bumps that is particularly puzzling me .....?

HashRouge

Visit site
Could she be getting either hot and sweaty under the rug, or could water be getting in under it at that particular point? As that can cause rain scald too. My share horse had a patch last year that from memory I think was in a similar place and was I think caused by a leak in his rug. His owner treated with listerine I think!