Strange what should I do ... ? quite long, random & boring ...

Greyhound

Visit site
Ok so I am pretty anal about where I put my tack in the tack room, I always do things the same way / same place etc.. Ie my saddle always has the girth taken completely off and put over the saddle.

So last night I went up to ride and I always hang my hat but the strap on the saddle hanger, always on the left hand side buckle towards me. I am sure I did it this way Sunday when I last rode.

Last night the hat was on the right hand side with the buckle away from me, I felt the hat and it seemed slightly damp.

Now it is beyond me why any one else would want to move/use my hat, it isnt too pleasant for starters.

Should I say anything to anyone or should I just take it home on the night.

Confused and peed off, if someone esle falls in it and I dont know surely that isnt good?

Gh
confused.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Could someone have knocked it off where it hangs - and put it back??

It was a cool, damp day yesterday - hat could have got damp anyway??????

threeponies

Visit site
I have been amazed by what other people do in livery yards. If I have had a night off in winter and someone else feeds mine, the feed scoops are always missing and turn up somewhere totally random. Numnahs and tack have been used before now, and put back sweaty and dirty. My guess would be someone has used your hat, and for safety could you keep it somewhere else? Not that you should have to, its your stuff after all.

the watcher

Visit site
But maybe you didn't put it away for once, maybe somebody else picked it up and put it away for you. I wouldn't get too stressed about it on this one occasion, it could have been your mistake. Just be more vigilant in future,or maybe put your hat where others can't get at it (in your car?)

Greyhound

Visit site
No it is on the metal saddle rack, through the metal hoops, I loop the neck strap through do the hook and then the popper there is no way it would have come off.

Re the dampness, yes it may well have been left overs from Sunday but why did it move?

Gh

Greyhound

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
But maybe you didn't put it away for once, maybe somebody else picked it up and put it away for you. I wouldn't get too stressed about it on this one occasion, it could have been your mistake. Just be more vigilant in future,or maybe put your hat where others can't get at it (in your car?)

[/ QUOTE ]

True they are very good like that, say if I leave my tendon boots lying around. I took it home last night so well see.

Random of Worcs
tongue.gif

Gh

KJJ

Visit site
LMAO!! Get you with you routine.... it's not an OCD is it!!
wink.gif

I'd leave a note INSIDE your hat.. that way you don't have to challenge/ask anyone... but whoever IS using your hat will get the message straight away and won't do it again!!
grin.gif

samp

Visit site
I tacked my horse up once, went to get my hat and it was missing! Silly annoying prat had nicked to go out on her horse - I was fuming. Wsited for her to get back and she denied all knowledge though my hat all of a sudden appeared and v wet. I now take things like that home with me. Along with boots and tack

Greyhound

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO!! Get you with you routine.... it's not an OCD is it!!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No *looks left* No *looks left* No *looks left*

[ QUOTE ]
I'd leave a note INSIDE your hat.. that way you don't have to challenge/ask anyone... but whoever IS using your hat will get the message straight away and won't do it again!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cunning plan K
grin.gif
*looks left*, that is more my style
grin.gif
cant do confrontation over something that seems daft. I certainly dont want to upset anyone or me get the wrong end of the stick lol.

Gh
tongue.gif

K9Wendy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with KJJ- leave a nice note inside of your hat.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh... a note saying you have nits!! That will stop them in their tracks LOL..

Greyhound

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with KJJ- leave a nice note inside of your hat.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh... a note saying you have nits!! That will stop them in their tracks LOL..

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL
grin.gif
that has made me giggle.

*itch itch*

Gh

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
You could leave a bottle of NIT lotion next to your stuff, and then start randomly itching your head when at the yard
wink.gif
. Or...be REALLY mad (I did this once!) I used to stick a thin panty liner in the front of my hat as I got spots, and I was SURE it was being used........so in the back I like wrote on it in eyeliner so that if worn it would get smudged! And sure enough next time I checked it was all smudged!!

I know it was OTT, but I had just spent £120 on the hat, and for someone to use it and break it I would have killed whomever it was!

filly190

Visit site
OK, someone has used your hat, and taken a liking to your stuff.

Get your own back and have the last laugh. Get the word spread round that you have "nits". See who goes pale and then you'll know!!

People will grab anything if they have forgot theirs and its really annoying. I would personally never leave my valuables in a tack room for that reason and of course theft.

rach1984horse

Visit site
I agree with the nits idea.

Have a friendly chat with whoever you suspect stole your hat. Ask how their horse is doing/weather/children, but scratch your head. Then say, "That damn dog/cat/child seems to have caught feas again..."