Strangest thing found?

Redders

Visit site
So, following on from another thread, what's the strangest or most unexpected thing, or grossest, you have found in your car when you have cleaned it out? I found what can only be described as a fossilised satsuma under drivers seat- rock solid, shrunk to quarter of the size and shrivelled like a prune.

Burnttoast

Visit site
Found a couple of home grown baby plum tomatoes down the side of the seat the other day. Had been taking them home from mum's (where the greenhouse lives) and they had rolled away and hidden. Must have been there since September but amazingly were still edible. Makes me wonder what weird preservative-type chemicals are leaching out of the car carpet...

jodie3

Visit site
When I bought my last Terrano (now very sadly gone to the great garage in the sky ��) it quickly got full of the usual boots, spare coats and sweet wrappers etc. I was having a clear out after the first week or so as I was determined to keep it clean and discovered to my joy it had a CD player under the front seat!!

Cowpony

Visit site
A friend of mine had a dog and her car always stank of wet dog. When she was on holiday she lent the car to another friend and it smelt even worse than usual. Eventually this lady paid her kids to clean out the car before handing it back and they found an ancient joint of pork!! :-(

Redders

Visit site
An Icelandic coin?! Haha very random! Urgh, an ancient joint of pork! I am clearing mine out soon and I have to say I am concerned at what may turn up-and a little excited, could be anything!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
My car had been stinking of things other than horse poo for a while and I didn't know why until one day I gave it a real good clean out and found a tuna bake ready meal under the seat which must have fallen out of the shopping at one time. It had exploded and grown an incredible selection of moulds.
I left a car at a carpark outside the airport once when I went on holiday and came home to a nest of mice in the passenger seat.

WelshD

Visit site
We were stuck somewhere in long traffic for hours and pulled in to a fast food place to sit it out and have something to eat in the car. The dog was hungry so we fed him chicken nuggets (we wouldn't normally) he was on the back seat and accepted each one passed through to him

A few weeks later I was cleaning out the car and found each nugget tucked neatly in the gap where the seat and sat back join!

I once gave back a company car after losing a piece of French cheese in it (I didn't give it back BECAUSE of the cheese...)

Archangel

Visit site
I dropped a liquorice allsort and it ended up in the front foot well. I then found it in the boot - that is when I knew I had mice in the car. They used to run about whilst I was driving - I was OK with that but they nibbled their way through the loom and it was v v expensive.

Jo1987

Visit site
Spiders nest! Hoovered them all up though so not too distressing really. Had the shivers for about a week every time I go in the car afterwards though!

exracehorse

Visit site
the bag of horse poo that I had forgot to take to the vets for a worm count. Must have been kicking around under my passenger seat for a good year.

NellRosk

Visit site
We were stuck somewhere in long traffic for hours and pulled in to a fast food place to sit it out and have something to eat in the car. The dog was hungry so we fed him chicken nuggets (we wouldn't normally) he was on the back seat and accepted each one passed through to him

A few weeks later I was cleaning out the car and found each nugget tucked neatly in the gap where the seat and sat back join!

Aww WelshD that is so cute, he was saving them for later!!

sandi_84

Visit site
OH's mum found a ham hock under the passenger seat last summer :eek3:
It had fallen out of my shopping bags and must have been there about a month and it was starting to smell :\ I didn't even realise it had rolled out of the bag and completely forgotten I'd bought it! After a bit of an airing the faint smell dissapated though thankfully!

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Erm, molding sweet and sour dips from MacDonalds lol.....baby dog just threw up in my car so brother is now cleaning it since baby dog is his dog :D

kez81

Visit site
A sleepy little field mouse who must have been hibernating in one of my hay bales. I split a big bale in half to fit it in car and gave it to my friend who had run out. When taking second piece out I saw the little guy looking sleepy and lost in the loose hay in corner of the boot. I took him back to my yard and have put him at back of hay barn in between two bales I know I won't be using. Hope he manages to go back to sleep!

Liz H

Visit site
A sleepy little field mouse who must have been hibernating in one of my hay bales. I split a big bale in half to fit it in car and gave it to my friend who had run out. When taking second piece out I saw the little guy looking sleepy and lost in the loose hay in corner of the boot. I took him back to my yard and have put him at back of hay barn in between two bales I know I won't be using. Hope he manages to go back to sleep!
Ahhhhhhhh