Strangles Vaccination

appyowner

New User
Visit site
I had my Appaloosa vaccinated against Strangles on 26 September and on 30 September he developed Laminitis in all four hooves. Before the vaccination he was fit and healthy, never had Lamintis and nothing in his regime had changed at all. He reacted to the vaccination with a swollen muzzle and a high temperature, which I was told at the time may be a side effect but after my Vet contacted the drug company she was told this was more of a probability than a possibility but that the Laminitis was not related to the Strangles vaccination. Has anybody else had their horses injected against Strangles and did their horses contract Laminitis? I would be especially interested if any other Appaloosas have suffered, in case this is breed specific.

druid

Visit site
Mine are done for Strangles (have to to compete), one does react to the vaccine, swollen lip like collagen gone bad and a bit down in her self but comes ok after a day or 2. Sorry that's not much help.

ryder65

New User
Visit site
we've had the whole yard done 43 horses in all, the only side effects we had, were thick lips and a couple went a bit hyper (after the 1st jab) when turned out, but none of the laminitics showed any signs of being any the worst for it