Stressage on 24th January - should I stay or should I go?

vivhewe

Visit site
My riding club (they've got a new newsletter writer, we get one now!) are having a fun dressage competition on Jan 24th. Bearing in mind my broken ankle and horsey having had a month off already (and still being ridden in a martingale and waterford
frown.gif
) do I stay at home or go and risk making a tit of myself?

The points series dressage starts in March so I want to be prepared for that, but am I trying to much too soon? Tis only prelim so not exactly major but part of me can't wait to go and part of me thinks 'ouch' because pain isn't fun!

Any ideas or opinions will be appreciated! x

Judie

Visit site
GO FOR IT - it's a 'fun dressage', making a tit of yourself doesn't actually hurt! And I'm sure you won't anyway
wink.gif

ExtremeB

Visit site
It's 6 weeks ahead so could be good timing. Might also be nice and stress-free event to get you back in the swing of things. Go on, book your place - you know you want to!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Just see how your ankle is nearer the date & enter if you feel you'll be ok. If your ankle is still giving you pain then don't enter, there's no point setting back the healing process just to enter a show early.
smile.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
Thankies! I'll wait and see how I'm doing (there's flatwork lessons on the 10th with someone who has done PSG stressage but I think I'll have exams
frown.gif
) but I'm looking forward to doing some if I can - it will be nice to see how other people think he's going and tell me what needs improved
smile.gif