Stuck in a rut... suggestions please!

SummerStorm

Visit site
I've been doing quite a lot of riding on Silver recently but I feel like I've got stuck in a bit of a rut. We've done a fair bit of competing recently as well as hacking/schooling etc. but its almost like the fun has gone out of everything
frown.gif

I do this every year - it sort of gets to the stage where schooling doesn't seem to be going anywhere, hacking is losing its fun and competing is just bl**dy hard work. I've been having lessons but my instructor is away atm so lessons arent really on before xms/new year now either
frown.gif

So, does anyone have any ideas on how to liven up any of the above? They can be as silly or serious as you like - I'm up for almost anything!

Cheers guys
smile.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
One of my instructors just told me I needed to start behaving more like a 12 year old. I.e. don't take it so seriously and instead of doing some serious schooling have a good whizz round - jumps included if poss.

It is difficult this time of year and I feel much the same as you it is all a struggle. However in a week the evening will start to lengthen (I can't say the weather will improve) and things will look better - I hope!

SummerStorm

Visit site
Hunting would send Silver absolutely insane - he went with his previous owner and she apparantly couldn't stop despite having him in the third ring of a dutch gag, a flash and a martingale...
crazy.gif

Like the idea of XC schooling though
smile.gif

filly190

Visit site
I would have a complete break for you and your horse, say for a month or two. I do this every year and when I start riding again the wonderful fresh feeling comes back.