????????????????????stuck

wendygood

Visit site
having fields fertalised tomorow and acording to farmer horses can stay on field is this correct cos i always thought they can go on it after rain??help!!!

Emma27

Visit site
someone posted something about this last week and one of the replies was that a foal had died as a result of grazing recently fertilized fields - sorry cant remember who it was, im not an expert but i would wait 2 weeks at least and check all the white balls have disapeared.

Governor

Visit site
We were told 12 days after fertiliser is put on. However we've not had rain, two weeks have lapsed and the fertiliser is still visible on the surface so we won't risk it and the horses are in.

Happytohack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
two weeks have lapsed and the fertiliser is still visible on the surface so we won't risk it .

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here - we fertilised 3 weeks ago and haven't had a drop of rain so the white balls are still clearly visible. Won't risk it until we have had some good rain and they have all been washed in.

I think it was Henryhorn who posted about losing the foal.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
If you turn your horse out before the fertiliser has washed in you run the risk of nitrogen poisoning, burnt lips and intestines. Too much of a risk to take.

Wait for at least a week after it has been washed in. Better safe than sorry.