Stud girth recommendations

Cragrat

Visit site
I've been advised that my little TB could do with a stud girth, but I have never owned one before. I had a look in our local tack shop-they only had one brand and it was hiddeously heavy and stiff. I looked online and I am now very confused! So can anyone recommend a nice stud girth for a TB - his saddle has old fashioned normal length straps so he'll need a long girth - his current girth is 44"
Thank you!

Shay

Visit site
The better the leather the better the fit - and like all leather it may need to be suppled. You can buy synthetics but they tend to feel stiff in comparison IMO. I know it might seems a daft question - but why have you been advised to use a stud girth?

Cragrat

Visit site
Thank you -I was wondering if synthetics might have been softer than the awful leather thing in the tack shop.

My trainer advised it - my horse is really coming on in his education, and tries so hard all the time. We have been doing grids, and he snaps his front legs up so much he kicks himself. He is a very sensitive little horse, so we don't want him to be in effect punishing himself for trying hard.

vam

Visit site
Look a English bridles, I have one of there stud girths and it is butter soft. Its under a hundred quid as well, compared to a prestige one I had before it's much nicer and 3rd of the price.

Cragrat

Visit site
Oh, my very favourite reins are from English Bridles, but I didn't even think of looking there for stud girths - thank you Vam!