Stud holes?

wellsat

Visit site
How do you keep the little rubber things in the stud holes? Lil's lasted all of about half an hour tonight before they came out and said holes are now filled with grass and mud.

eoe

Visit site
I use tightly compacted cotton wool never managed to ge them rubber things to stay in any or mine.

eoe

Visit site
I make it a bit moist then stuff it in with a tiny screw driver until the hole is full then rub vaseline on top.

NR99

Visit site
Yep good ole cotton wool the best, dip in something like above or hoof oil then rub over with vaseline.

Rubber things are rubbish they never stay in. Friend also had some metal plugs from aboard that you put in and take out with an allen key and had to have the farrier remove the shoes at PC areas as they had ground away when he had been hacking and would not come out :eek:

jumptoit

Visit site
Cotton wool or wet wipes, I put mine in with either the spanner or a farriers nail, if you can put some in before the shoe even gets on the foot then they stay put for a good 4 weeks but still come out easily :). I've heard of allen keys snapping with the metal type too so I'd steer clear of those.

KatB

Visit site
Sheeps wool is the best, as it stays together and is naturally oily... so take a walk around a sheeps field if you can ;)

as it is, I don;t use anythign to plug mine, and just dig them out the mud etc the morning of needing them :)

OneInAMillion

Visit site
On my friends eventers we stuff in a huge bit of cotton wool that doesn't look like it will fit. Push it in as far as you can then we poke the rest in with a specially bent nail! (technical ;) it is made so it isnt long enough that it could poke then inside hoof of the stud hole) it stays in for weeks

wellsat

Visit site
Sheeps wool is the best, as it stays together and is naturally oily... so take a walk around a sheeps field if you can ;)

as it is, I don;t use anythign to plug mine, and just dig them out the mud etc the morning of needing them :)

Thanks, would never have thought of this. Having three hundred sheep living at the bottom of your garden must have its uses!

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
another good one is a piece of sponge! Not sure how long it lasts but if you want a quick stop gap in between cleaning them at the yard and screwing the studs in at a show then it's great! The sponge doesn't compact down as much as the cotton wool stoppers either :)