Stud/Kick Guards (cost)

squid35

Visit site
After a very sucessful clinic my instructor suggested that i invest in a stud/kick guard. although he never wears studs he tucks his feet up so much that he catches his tummy!

I have been looking into getting one and i cannot believe how much these thisgs cost!! A good quality one and your looking at £150!!! the chepest i have found is £49 but i guess its poor quality leather!

Am i looking in all the wrong places???

vic07

Visit site
i have one which attaches to the girth. rather than buying a new girth with one attached this might be cheaper.

Frazer

Visit site
Having the same problem as you, Ive been looking for a month now, after purchasing a new saddle, bridle, boots am a bit short of money! And cant find anything under £100! Might try robinsons.

squid35

Visit site
I though the same but when i looked into it although it was a little cheaper there was not a huge difference!!!

Thanks for the suggestion though!

squid35

Visit site
I can find some for under £100! but still think that is alot of money!

depends if you want a leather on! i dont think robinsons do them. Derby house has some but can remember the price!

I did find a shires one for £49 but i think that is ecomony leather.

hope that helps!

KatB

Visit site
I've got a comfort zone one that is brilliant. It cost me £45 in the sale, its not leather, but is very smart and protective, and fits very well.

dieseldog

Visit site
I've got the JW one - £110. Be careful as to how the martingale attaches to the girth, the stud billet ones don't look that secure.

There are always a few on Ebay

juliehannah58

Visit site
I bought the robinsons one, think it was £25!! It isn't real leather but looks dead smart and does the job! I need to invest in a super soft leather one now though as my current horse needs to wear one all the time when jumping and although a bargain, the robinsons one is a bit stiff feeling. So if anyone has one in black, 54"....PM me!!
grin.gif

squid35

Visit site
checked Ebay but not much difference in price, the ones i have been looking at have martingale attachments however my instructor took it off me and he actually jumped alot better so......

Rambo

Visit site
I have a Jeffries one....very nice leather and not too bad price....about £90 I think !? The stud billet broke the first time I used it though.....but the tack shop repaired it FOC and i've had no problems since
smile.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So if anyone has one in black, 54"....PM me!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be lucky, when I was buying one the biggest I could get was 52" it just about fits if he breathes in

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I have a shires one and to be perfectly honest I have no issues with the leather, its not cheap cheap stuff and hasn't caused me any problems and doesn't smell like the cheap stuff. Had it 5 years now any the only thing wrong with it is the large gouges in it caused by horse's studs!!

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
Pm me - I closed my saddlery 6 months ago and have several beautiful english leather stud girths which would suit. I am slowly putting stuff on ebay but haven't got to girths yet. let me know colour and size and I will see what I can do and what price - definitely under £100! And they are gorgeous

Emily99

Visit site
Hate the Shires ones.... i wouldn't want to put something like that on my boy!!

I have a Comfort Zone one... yes they're not leather but they're smart, easy to clean, around £60-£70 and feel nice lol.