Stupid horse!

frannieuk

Visit site
All the pipes at the yard were frozen yesterday, so instead of topping up the water trough in the field I had to put out a couple of big buckets of water. When I got back up to brin them in I found my young mare mournfully licking the sides of the trough and giving me the whole "I'm so thirsty" thing whilst completely ignoring the still full buckets by her feet! Thought there may have been something she didn't like about the water in buckets but I then took the full buckets back into her stable, whereby she promptly drank happily from them. She's certainly not the brightest spark but even so...!
confused.gif
confused.gif

Anyone else got a muppet horse!?

ETA: Oh, and the reason I didn't pour the buckets into the trough was beacause it was so cold I just wanted to get home to a big mug of hot chocolate!
wink.gif

miamibear

Visit site
What a plonker!!

My horse is the same ish. I give him a pat with my hands which he accepts nicely then put my black gloves on and all of a sudden they are horse eating monsters and he paps his pants!

Horses can be so silly!!

xx

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
One of my old horse was very thick! I once took the corner manager out which was full of grub as I forgot to add a supplement to the feed.

The horse continues to search between the bars looking for food it was quite comical it could noy understand where it was despite having seen me take it out the stable.

fairhill

Visit site
I posted yesterday about my stupid horse getting stuck in the field... I went up last night and she'd got stuck again!!! She'd gone into the gap I'd cleared from the other direction and she couldn't figure out that to get out she needed to reverse... Then she 'forgot' she was in the middle of eating her tea because I'd put some hay on the floor for her, and she was distracted by it. I had to remind her where her bucket of feed was... some horses are just not quite with it!

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Murph would do that sometimes I leave his feed in the stable (rubber skip on floor) before i get him in. When he comes in and it's not there he sticks his head down to eat then searches the stable and looks from me to the floor! It's only if i'm riding after work but talk about creature of habit!

frannieuk

Visit site
Fairhill, lol at her getting stuck again - do you think she had a deja vu feeling while she waiting to be rescued!?

My other horse is pretty clever, she picks things up very quickly but the young un is hopeless - its like the cartoon lightbulb goes on above her head when she finally gets it! Guess some are just brighter than others!

SpruceRI

Visit site
I house-sat (and horse-sat) for a friend once. I named two of hers 'Naughty But Nice' and 'Nice But Dim'. Naughty spent the whole fortnight smashing through the fencing with his large Dales Pony bulk, and Dim tried to climb over the fence to get to her tea even though the gate was open! She didn't understand that you could walk through an open gateway! It was so funny I nearly wet myself!!

benrolo

Visit site
I have to bring ours through 2 gates, it's so muddy at the gates that I let ours out without their headcollars I just open the first gate and they all come through - easy. The second gate is not on the catch and just needs to be pushed, bright pony works this out and goes on up the track (reward at the end of the track is long juicy grass - this is where I put their headcollars on), my big dollop of a horse stands looking at the gate and has a strop, he hasn't got the sense to push the gate!

Blazingkate

carlingblacklabel.piczo.com
Mine's more spazzy than stupid. He apple bobs, he licks his spoon when I've finished mixing his dinner, and he jumped out of his field the other day, and went back into the stable (the door was open) so when I got back from the tack room, I found him refusing to go back outside, it was just too cold lol. Oh and if I want to hose his feed down, I have to give him a carrot first. No carrot = no standing still and loads of prancing. Carrot = stay still like a sleeping donkey. lol. Oh and we hacked past someone dressed as father christmas the other day and he said "ho ho ho" to carling, and carling leaped off all fours and nearly fell over his feet trying to get away. hehe.

Sparklet

Visit site
I watched a horse eating a long piece of cow parsley once at the same time as bolting round the field trying to get away from the same piece of cow parsley which was coming closer and closer as he ate.

Thick isnt the word!

frannieuk

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I watched a horse eating a long piece of cow parsley once at the same time as bolting round the field trying to get away from the same piece of cow parsley which was coming closer and closer as he ate.

Thick isnt the word!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO - glad my girl isn't the only numpty!