Stupid mobile shelter question

indie999

Visit site
I have one, will a 17h fit in? I keep looking and thinking will it fit?

Have visions of the roof suddenly moving with the horse. Its a standard size shelter ie looks like a normal stable with a pitch roof.

The flies have appeared and I think I should give him some respite thats if he will go in the first place.

I dont think he will rub or eat the shelter. What a pathetic question I know. He is on very restricted grazing and once he is on the long grass as I discovered yesterday despite offer of juicy apples etc I had trouble getting him back to restricted area!

RutlandH2O

Visit site
What size is your field shelter? My 18h1" and 18hh Shires use their shelters almost daily in summer. We cut 3 foot square windows in two sides of the shelters, one next to the offset door and one on the gable end, for cross ventilation and light. A haynet hung inside the shelters is always available to the horses. My two mares share their shelter and my two geldings share theirs.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
A standard field shelter height will be the same as a stable, so shouldn't be any problem if they squash themselves into a stable. If they stand outside rather than go in, using it as a windbreak, it may not be anything to do with the height, it's just what a lot of horses do with the their field shelters anyway.

indie999

Visit site
Thanks very much I will try it when the hot weather arrives. It seems a pretty standard size "stable". I am just not use to such monsters we have gone 14h to 17h! But I agree that most of the time previously they just stood at door on look out duty! ie and didnt go inside.