Stupid Question...

Tempi

Visit site
But just been having my daily look at horses for sale on Horse Quest and have come across something that i haven't a clue what it means!!

Ive been looking at medium level dressage horses and a couple of them say '248 BD points - graded elementary' - what does this mean (mares btw)? once over 149points you are out of elementary......i dont get it!!

some help please!!!!!!!!!!
confused.gif

(burtie, i bet you know the answer!!
grin.gif
)

Rambo

Visit site
Errrmmmm...don't quote me on this, but didn't someone once tell me I could downgrade a horse if the rider was of a lower grade
crazy.gif
I might be talking bull though
shocked.gif

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
could it not be the horse changing hands?

A horse could work up, I dunno, 500 points - but then be sold to a novice - that does not mean the combo would work at the 500 point level, so they'd start over at the bottom again.

That means the horse is now adding to it's points futher, but it has to stay inside it's grading till it hits 649 (500+149) with the new rider...

It's just a guess...

Tempi

Visit site
Hmmmmmmmmm, you maybe right there, i hadnt thought about that. So you mean that the current rider has downgraded the horse to compete at a lower level (ie elementary), as opposed to being in medium/adv med?

well it could be that but then the horse does not have 250 points anymore - when they downgrade a horse they remove it's points!!!!
you can have them reinstated but if the horse is currently graded elementary then it currently does not have 250 points

when you ask for points to be reinstated they go back to the max a horse has ever had at one time

eg if a horse has 300 points and is sold to someone who wants to downgrade it and BD agreed to downgrade to say 150 points then the rider gains 20 points so it now has 170 points then you could say:
170 points can compete med open (downgraded horses can't compete rest at any level). but horse has won 300 points.

if the points are reinstated then it looses the 20 it won in the middle ie would go back to 300 not 320.

but to be honest unless it has already been downgraded then you wouldn't say that it can be downgraded because all horses can as long as the new rider is elligable.

they may mean that it has been downgraded and therefore graded elem open but it's max ever points is 250 so you can go back to that if you want.

i have just put my horse on loan and she is being downgraded back to novice open and when she comes back to me if she has less points than she did when she went i will have them reinstated (obviously if the new rider copetes alot and progresses quickly then she might overtake the amount of points she went with - when this is the case you cannot reverse the downgrading. you would have to downgrade again seperately to go back to less!!!!!!!!!!!

Tempi

Visit site
there was two horses (from different people) with the same comment tho!!! Thats just why i wondered what it was all about to be honest............still slightly confused, but as im not buying either of the horses i think il just stay confused!!