Stupid rug question!

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I have two stable rugs of different makes. Both are supposed to be 200/220gish. One is big and poofy, the other is quite slimline (fab descriptions I know!). I'm never quite convinced the slimline one is as warm as the poofy one but they are meant to be about the same. Can the same weight rugs be different warmths? I need to wash one but worried about changing between the two in case I freeze him or cook him! Help ?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I would say that they will be, it may just be that they are filled with different density material. I have one 200g older rug that is SO heavy to carry, and one newer one which I could pick up with one finger.. they both keep him toasty warm, even though I think the heavier one would be the one most likely to be less effective over time as it's the older rug.

In short - I would think you'll be fine to swap and change.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Thanks both, they are both new (ish) but it makes sense that different density material would give a different feel. I should have just bought two identical rugs.... ?.

9tails

Visit site
Amigo are like feathers, PE are like a lead blanket. I much prefer the light ones, though will use those that are heavier on windy days as the light ones billow up.