Success at local RC show, finally seem to have control sorted....

Pidgeon

Visit site
First local RC show this year, damn weather!, thought as only doing the working hunter classes I'd try him in the Mexican Grackle again and see how it affected his jumping as only time previously I'd jumped him in it he hated it and it killed all his enthusiasm for jumping
So took him round the CR and went ok for a nice clear. Then did the Novice WH again clear though a little keener :rolleyes: but very controllable and to my great surprise we won the class :eek: So then we entered the Intermediate WH, again a nice clear round and again to my shock we won :eek:
So qualified for MIDARC Champs end of August in both classes and best of all for me as we don't really do showing to be honest, was that even after a proper hunting lap of honour at the judges request I could pull Pidge up very easily and with no head tossing or resistance :D and it didn't kill his enthusiasm for jumping either as he took me to the fences in normal style so I'm over the moon to have found something that means I can be back in full control jumping.
Just going to try it next weekend round Somerford and then it will get a proper testing the week after at a local HT competition.
Pointless post really but just so pleased and had to share.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Thanks was rather shocked to have won as even though he is a proper hunter we never seem to do well as he gets a tad keen in the group ride round :rolleyes: in fact when they called my number out first I looked round and said "who me?" in shock!
No was just going to go round the farm ride for a spin XC as don't think Eland will be open for a while.