Such a waste of a life.

showjump

Visit site
Pony from my yard came in on friday night on three legs, he could not put ant weight on his front one at all. We managed to get him down to yard from field. He was nackered when we got there.
Called vet, she arrived and 1/2 an hour later, she nerve block ect, and conclued an absess, but there was no sign of it. She polticed it ect.
She came back the next morning and there was no improvement, so took him for x- rays.- Still nothing showing up.
She then came back to see him on monday, still no improvement, so refered him to leehurst vets.
Went there on monday lunch time, and they found the absess, so we left him there for treatment. Then we found out it has effected navicular bone and cannon joint. Vet said could operate but he'd never be sound ect.( An end to his showing life) So he was PTS.

It has been a shock to everyone, it all happened so quick, and he was so young (only 5).

Rest in peace little one, you were such a character, even snoring when you were sediated and so calm even though the pain of it all. You will be missed.

Nic

Visit site
So sad
frown.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Really similar thing happened to a friend. Went to the hospital not thinking anything too bad - came home with just a headcollar and absolutely devastated.

So sorry.

showjump

Visit site
I know, i only got told on tuesday morning when i went to feed ect, and i cried all the way home from the yard. From what i can gather (havent seen owner yet) the vet must have rang her on the monday night and agreed to have him PTS, so dont know if she got a chance to say goodbye.

Sparklet

Visit site
A friend lost her horse this way - she did opt for treatment and after two years of stuggling and pain he was PTS anyway. Poor little guy
frown.gif