Sue Carson Class BSJA

kayleighjessop

Visit site
What is it like are they kind or is it big and scary, doing one tomorrow on my new horse Jim, he has already competed BSJA since I have had him but with my instructor, but she cant ride him tomorrow (she’s getting ready for Gatcombe) but is it quite a friendly course????

Thanks Guys

JC

Nic

Visit site
Sue Carsons British Novice?

They are designed as a nice starter class, a few fillers & guareneted corect striding, and no daft riding club angles(if mine is anything to go by!)

Are you jumping unsff opens/3ft?

Hattikins

Visit site
British novices are usually good solid and up to height but inviting, the striding is all good and the track is flowing in most cases. fillers are always used in my area , and have also come up against a water tray.

Good Luck
grin.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
British Novice is 90cm (3ft), solid, well built and up to height with correct striding, should be flowing and inviting. Usually there are 2 doubles, lots of fillers and occasionally a small water tray! I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck!!
grin.gif

Peanot

Visit site
It all depends where it is as they use the jumps that they have on the premises. The good point is that they are measured out correctly and to me, this is the most important. The afilliated tracks are usually flowing and good distances.
Good luck. I am also doing one tomorrow.

sj_xc_hannah_

Visit site
are you going to HHS? as the jumps there for that class are well built and the area is good but with a slight slope. I am going there but only for the unaf.

MagicMelon

Visit site
In a british novice, Ive never seen a water tray..... I thought you were only allowed these from newcomers onwards?

BN's are usually really kind and inviting. You shouldnt get nasty lines or odd distances. But as usual, it simply depends on the course designer - some are nastier than others!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
In a british novice, Ive never seen a water tray..... I thought you were only allowed these from newcomers onwards?

BN's are usually really kind and inviting. You shouldnt get nasty lines or odd distances. But as usual, it simply depends on the course designer - some are nastier than others!

[/ QUOTE ]

Water trays are allowed in BN and Disco, but very rarely (if ever) seen. In Newcomers and Foxhunter they are mandatory though
shocked.gif