Suede bridles... I don't get it...

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Seen one on eBay. It's very pretty, but aren't they horribly impractical? How do you keep it clean? More importantly, how do you keep it suedey and stop it going shiny? Do you have to go over it laboriously with one of those pumice/rubber stoney things??
Anyone got one?

RunToEarth

Visit site
Grrr suede bridles...grrrr. Back when mummy used to think I was pretty in pink, I was stuck on a bay posing pony to do WHP. I hated it, the one thing that could possibly make it worse was having to clean that damned suede bridle, and saddle.
No, they arnt easy to clean, no, they arnt practical, and no, DONT get one.
Made my childhood a living nightmare, I once did an xc in it, and pony got sweaty and it was horrible to clean. For showing I suppose they can be ok, but anything more? nono.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
OMG! Did you have a suede saddle too??? I As for the bridle, I imagined it would be one of those things to keep 'for best' and use about once a year in clement weather! Have resisted temptation to buy!
smile.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Wether you have suede saddle, reins, shoes, jacket, absolutely anything in that damn stuff it always gets to look tatty after a relatively short time. Go for leather every time!