Sugar Beet soaking and keeping??

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Putting by boy on sugar beet, never used it before, got my dad to go to wynstay to get the 24hr one so i could use it for each night, he decided it would be clever of him to put five handfulls:mad: (He only needs 1!!) in a bucket and soak it. Fine, however it is waaay too much to give him, especially as i need to gradually introduce it (do i...?). So how long can i keep it until i have to throw it away?
Thanks x

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Depends on the temperature. At the moment I'm finding my beet keeps for four or five days. I'm afraid I don't introduce it gradually. I just give them what I think they need.

scrunchie

Visit site
It'll last around a week in cold conditions. If you find it going mouldy or starting to stink then it's time to make a fresh batch. ;)

Also make it in a airtight container - flies seem to love it. It's not been cold enough to kill them off this year.

I used to make some up in a 4 pint plastic milk bottle (cut the top off to turn it into a jug shape) and keep it in the fridge, and make fresh evey night. It's also handy if you need to transport it.

Last edited: