Suggestions for a present

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
My lovely sharer of 5 years, who has fitted into my yard, learned practically everything, done so well with my horses and become a friend told me a few weeks ago that they were moving to France. Their house has sold really quickly, there is no chain, and they may well be going in six weeks! I want to get her a leaving/thank you gift, but don't know what. I would get her a nice photo of her fave horse, but we had a photographer out in Autumn and she bought herself a couple. I took her to Burghley Xc for her 40th, she loved it - Id take her to Badminton but I don't know if I'm off work yet and she may be in the thick of packing by then. I expect they're de cluttering, so am not sure about ornaments or anything.

Anyone have any ideas!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Is there something that she enjoys most with your horse, a lesson with her favourite instructor or a hack to her favourite place followed by a picnic a the stables with wine. Some one told me once " if you can't give items, give memories". I am sure your sharer has plenty of good memories but something special will cement her time with you and your horse in her mind forever.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
If you have a lot of photos and memories about her time with you, you could make a scrapbook with hand written notes about 'remember when' and pics along favourite hack routes etc.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
M
Is there something that she enjoys most with your horse, a lesson with her favourite instructor or a hack to her favourite place followed by a picnic a the stables with wine. Some one told me once " if you can't give items, give memories". I am sure your sharer has plenty of good memories but something special will cement her time with you and your horse in her mind forever.

Yes, I was thinking of organising a pub ride, we've been saying we'd do this for years.

Other than that, I've taught her and she's only really hacked. I might send her a book of pics ounces settled in France. Heck I might send her the horses for winter!