suggestions for weymouth for pony !

whiteflower

Visit site
I'm struggling to find a Weymouth for my pony. Hes ready to move into a double but I'm struggling to find the type of a Weymouth I need in a small enough size (I need a 4.5 inch).

Pony has a very large tongue with a short 'smile' (short distance from corner of mouth to tip nose).

Hes currently ridden in a Mullen barrel myler baucher snaffle as this is what he is most comfortable in but also jumps in a myler fulmer snaffle. I plan to use a myler loose ring comfort snaffle as the bradoon but am stuck with the Weymouth.

A Cambridge mouth piece on the Weymouth is a no no. It needs to be Mullen mouth, ideally with a curve to it and definitely fixed cheek.

NS do a couple that would be suitable but smallest they do is a 5 inch.

Can anyone suggest anything that may suit for me to try, what do others use as a Weymouth for their smaller ponies ?

WelshD

Visit site
I would recommend Fylde bits for ponies, always in proportion dinky neat little bits. if they don't have what you need on their website they may well still have it or can easily get it made

whiteflower

Visit site
Thanks welshD, ive just had a look and although they don't have the mouth piece I need on their website they appear to do little ones so definitely worth a call to ask.
Any other suggestions or advice on what others use ?