Suggestions please: week off, improving my riding

Tobiano

Visit site
I have booked a week off early November. Not likely to be the best weather conditions, but I'd like to use the week to give my riding a boost. I'd really like to practice some cross country but the ground might not be suitable.

Need to have the dog with me, so abroad is out. One possibility is a week of lessons including jumping on my own horse at my usual RS.

Any other suggestions? :) Also suggestions for prep I could do to be in best physical nick for more riding than usual? :)

showpony

Visit site
Hi OP - I took a week off last year & did 3 intensive lessons with my instructor - watched her school my mare another day, & outing schooling at a different venue!!
Ground is holding up well at the moment just stud up & go have fun:)

Tobiano

Visit site
Thank you peh1980! I did look at castle leslie, looks lovely. Just think its a rubbish time of year to take the chance that it will be rideable! Definitely fancy it in a drier season though!
Showpony thanks thats a good idea about different venue too. there are some indoor ones i could go to which would solve the weather issue! :)

Jnhuk

Visit site
I have thought about going here http://yrc.co.uk/ for a training boost

Did go stay at Castle Leslie one late October an OH had organised a hack out whilst we were there whilst booking but when we turned up they struggled to accommodate us as week after the schools October holiday and all the horses were tired as been so busy the week before. We were really disappointed in the quality of the hack as mainly walk and a little trot. Think there is another Irish XC place that I would try next time http://www.annaharveyfarm.ie/

w1bbler

Visit site
2nd the castle Leslie suggestion. They have an indoor so if weather is rubbish lessons still go ahead. They have some " indoor x country" fences & the x country course is fab if weather is OK.