suitable for clipping?

samp

Visit site
Honestly? I do not think you would get very far with them, they are very cheap and I think the motor may not cope with all that hair?

bountyboy

Visit site
No I'd say def not!
They are mostly for whiskers and little bits that need tidying up on the face etc - don't think you'd get very far trying to clip properly with these!!!
xxx

alfirules

Visit site
well i thought that was probably what they were for. thanks.
smile.gif

Nailed

Visit site
yes.. if you want to spend 8 hours clipping your pony.
If you ask around your friends and your yard i am sure somone will have some heavy duty ones about which you can use and hcip in with the sharpening fee.
lou x

Lill

Visit site
Depends how thick the hair is?

ALTHOUGH

I managed to clip some of Blue and Holly one year with a pair of £10 human hair clippers from Argos! (Bizarrely the same ones OH bought to do his hair - i stress we did not use the same pair of clippers on the horses and his head!) But you probably would only be able to use them once before they blunt!

miller

Visit site
I've got the little Wahl ones and they have done bib clips on woolly ponies/horses that are clipper shy but it is alot slower than normal sized clippers.

They also routinely do my lads thick tail and bridle path

merlinsquest

Visit site
They would not do it IMO. But the liveryman element ones (£65 in Robinsons but cheaper on ebay)are fab. I have just done a bib and belly on an elderley TB with what looks like a cushings curly coat. I did the bib and belly with the 3mm atachment and the rest of the curls with a 12mm one and he looks about 10 years younger!!!!!

nicnag

Visit site
I've done bibs and faces with similar little wahl ones, don't think the motor will last for long! As Merlinsquest says do check your length attachments as they do go VERY short if your not careful!

merlinsquest

Visit site
Short is not the word!!!!...... surgical is the word that springs to mind, and bald is another...

I did my dog with mine he is a grey schnauzer and had a bum like a baboon by the time i realised!!!!!!!!!!!!