Summer sheets / cooler rugs

wiglet

Visit site
To all the people who's horses are stabled overnight during the warm summer months... Do you use a rug?
I've been letting her stay unrugged but, the stable stains!!! Does anyone know of a very, very lightweight sheet I could use - losing the will to go on. Really lol!!

Shay

Visit site
I share your pain! I have an appaloosa with some truly filthy habits. He is stabled at night year round. I'm sorry to say I have not found a lightweight rug which actually sops this entirely (mind you mine likes to rub his face in it so we were on an uphill struggle...).

If it is relatively cool a good old fashioned close weave cotton sheet is the best. Easy to wash and not too heavy. If you use a fly sheet of an ultra light skrim type rug the poo with go straight through! Outside of that... good stain remover used daily. If the stains build up the coat dyes yellow.

tatty_v

Visit site
My pony is stabled in a weatherbeeta Genero no fill turnout at night. He's generally quite a warm pony but he never sweats up and it does keep the majority of the stains off so I just have to deal with legs, face and neck in the morning!