summer unaff/aff competitions - leicester

lizstuguinness

Visit site
Opinions please.

Want to diversify my land and run competitions.
when i competed 6 years ago bsja, there wasnt any local summer shows - but as i jumped county level+ it never bothered me, we also traveled 1hour+ to get to a show.

i would like to run 2 sj rings - 2'6", 2'9", Bn, Disc, 1.05mc, New and in the other ring 1.10mc, 1.15 open, Fox, 1.25m, 1.30,

the type of shows i would run would be flat level ground, lovely unique jumps, flowers and landscaped rings (similar to Church Farm, hickstead)

i would try running other shows representing other other disaplins but no idea as to class types yet.
i used to run aff sj, dress, xc, showing classes Ponies UK qualifiers etc so know waht im doing.

would you come? or do you think theres now loads of summer shows. thing is with petrol prices and the new 4x4 tax perhaps people will be looking to stay as close to home as poss to keep expences down.

would concider winter season, but only have a 20mx40m school. so i would build a 40mx 60m out door surface and either leave it open or cover it with marquee???

what do you think?
theres no way i can afford an indoor school, and in reality you only need outdoor schools and a car park to run in the winter, but no idea if riders think they absolutly HAVE TO HAVE indoor schools, or even if the bsja would allow winter competitions outside?
(i know a fair few shows warmup outside, but the class is held inside)

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
OOOOOH bring back the PUK qualifiers!! YO has to travel miles to qualify!
There are plenty of sj comps about in leicester, but not really any big ones. let me know if you do....

joey1999

Visit site
Yes I would come to it too - as long as the jumping arena is big and the course is fair to the horse! A few times I have turned up at a riding club event and not bothered competing because the course is too tight for my forward going horses. I have watched a few people go round yanking their horses in the mouth to make the turns (ouch!)