Sunbleached coats

Ginn

Visit site
My lovely bay has gone very, erm, bronze over the last month as her coat is looking rather sunbleached and has lost its lovely warm red shine. She still has a soft glossy coat but the sun has definately changed it.

Any shampoos etc on the market which will help restore the natural colour?

I_A_P

Visit site
i dont think you can help it really my mare hashad the same thing, a fly sheet wll help though

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Can't really restore it once it's bleached, but shampoos will help keep the colour. Apparently paprika (via mouth, not on coat!
tongue.gif
) is great for keeping horse's coats the colour they're meant to be, and I've heard sunflower oil too, but I can't say I noticed any noticeable results when I tried it last summer. Will deffo be trying paprika this summer on PF as she bleaches looooooads.

parsley

Visit site
My piebald has definatly gone skewbald - he is really mealy coloured in places. I have read that cider vinegar in his feed or a vitamin (POSSIBLY vit E but I am not sure) can help - as will covering with a rug.

pottamus

Visit site
My black horse turns almost liver chestnut in the summer and he gets bleached streaks in his mane and tail so it looks like he has been to the hairdressers for highlights! But he is jet black in the winter!