Suncream for summer?

ridefast

Visit site
Yes my mare has very pink skin on her nose and around her pink eye she gets really bad sunburn otherwise, I use Ozvet which is really good it's like a paste and lasts several days

sandi_84

Visit site
So on white bits too then? Just asking coz my boy has a white blaze and white socks but he has little flesh marks on his muzzle. Was planning to put some on his muzzle but wasn't sure if the white bit's would need it?

katherine1975

Visit site
I used to use factor 50 suncream on Saffy's pink nose, I now use sudocreme. The sudocreme sticks much better is cheaper and she can't rub it off.

tinap

Visit site
Yes, my lemon & white has a pink muzzle which gets burnt very easy. So he has on a sun shield nose net thing aswell as factor 50/60 Avon suncream. He's like a little kid though, sees the tube then tries to leg it :)

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Kids banana boat factor 50, ditto the others though, have to tempt them with food then grab them before they notice the tube in your back pocket :D

hest

Visit site
Along with any high factor suncreams I can get hold of, I also use Equilibrium muzzle protectors for sensitive/pink noses. These covers are fantastic - easily attached to a head collar with velcro straps and provide an extra barrier when the sun is really strong and you can't get to the field to 'top up' the sun cream. They do get quite grubby though so need regular washing!

QueenDee_

Visit site
I wouldn't think you'd need to cover the whole blaze or socks, really you'd need to put some on the 'pinky areas' and where the hair is relatively thin so the skin could be exposed, I have a sensitive skinned Conne, so he either comes in in the day, or he has a fly mask, fly sheet and sun-cream on his nose and around his eyes :D