Sunny weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
arghhh! it's thursday already!

What's everyone up to? looks like the weather has remembered it's supposed to be in summer mode again :rolleyes:

Not a lot on for us, teaching Saturday morning first thing so might take Kira for a road trip and do some arena hire on the way home :p need to get in a long arena to have a look at the Int1 test again. have put some entries in for a fortnight's time.

Other than that just playing with new pony. He had his feet trimmed yesterday so will be faffing about with saddles and bridles for a bit and getting to know each other, while he settles in.

65057089_2568115683199926_7853504552941649920_n.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm taking Dae xc schooling tomorrow.

If I don't die, I'll be hiding from the heat on Saturday, and judging at TREC on Sunday (hopefully on the PTV because checkpointing is sinfully boring).

I'll also be force-feeding the mare magnesium as she doesn't like the taste, but all three of them are behaving like bloody idiots right now and my best guess is deficiency, and I don't want to die...

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Not only is it sunny but it's also payday weekend!! Finally getting 2 new tyres on my car Saturday. I've been driving around with 2 slow punctures for about 6 months being too poor to be able to do anything about it. It's going to be a warm one so I will hack both the girls early morning or later in the evening.

Sunday I'm going xc schooling which I'm really looking forward to, my horse is an absolute machine out xc and it's her favourite thing to do - ever! Weather is looking slightly cooler where we are on Sunday too, perfick!

showjumpingharry

Visit site
Good luck this weekend everyone!! All the xc sounds fun:D MP inter1, that's amazing!! :eek::)Harry had farrier this morning and stud holes put in shoes, as he has a busy month coming up! Then chiro for him tomorrow and unmounted B test training for me.

I'm working Saturday, then scrubbing Lightning the supercob ready for PC area Dressage on Sunday. Was meant to be doing intermediate but one of the novice team is ill so may have to do that instead. Little sister taking Harry to do the grassroots too. She's also being left to do her own plaiting for the first time so could be interesting;):oops:

Bernster

Visit site
Bonkers weather at the moment. No horsing around for me as doing family stuff. I know it’s nice and all that. But still, no horsey time 😞

Did have a great lesson last night. Working on the basics but they are so important. Got some lovely trot work and started to feel a proper collection and push in the canter work.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
MP new horse?! What have I missed!!
JFTD-WS - Have fun! Hope pnios calm down a bit
Sasanskye - Woohoo enjoy! Love XC, especially on an enthusiastic horse.
Good luck SJH.
Bernster - basics are everything!

Ponies are going to a Somerford camp which should be great. Fab weather for it. :cool:

I've got my weekend fix in early with a jumping lesson last night in which I rode like a total muppet and felt like jacking the whole thing in and taking up something less frustrating. Like eating jelly with chopsticks or something.

Ah well. They say you learn most when making mistakes so I'll have improved a lot then :rolleyes::rolleyes:

alexomahony

Visit site
I'm taking as horse for a friend to the Appaloosa society show at Bishop on sunday, and on Sat moving another friends horse - so lots of travelling but luckily neither are far so will be nice days :)

I imagine i'll be hacking and bathing, poo picking, ragworting and hopefully fit some dancing in there too :p

Have a great weekend everyone! Remember ya sunscreen!

Denbob

Visit site
He looks very pretty MP will be excited to see how he gets on!

I've got work both days - D was clipped on Monday so is acting like a bit of a pringle atm but is much cooler in the field thank goodness. Not looking forward to getting back on after almost two weeks of very little because i finish work and am about ready to drop dead before I've poo-picked/faffed.

Good luck to all, hope the heat is helpful not hindering and looking forward to updates :)

Wheels

Visit site
Have fun playing with your new pony MP

It cant have been that bad Amber's echo! I'm sure eating jelly with chopsticks could be fun though!

For me it's a hospital appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping they say I can drive soon because I'd like to get back out and about

scats

Visit site
No major horsey plans. It’s my dad’s birthday tomorrow so we are having a family BBQ on Saturday. The girls have the dentist Saturday morning.
I’ll probably hack out on sunday.
On Monday I start my new course! After ten years of teaching, I have now left the school I was in and indeed, left teaching altogether, and am pursuing a new career with the plan of setting up my own business by the end of the year. Exciting times!

milliepops

Visit site
MP new horse?! What have I missed!!
not a lot really, picked him up on Tuesday. Ex racer, been on his holidays and now come to live with Kira to be my new project. He is a bit feral at the moment but is starting to adjust to his new lifestyle :p Kira is in a bit of a love/hate relationship with him at the moment but he's a perfect gentleman and completely ignoring her antics ;)

milliepops

Visit site
On Monday I start my new course! After ten years of teaching, I have now left the school I was in and indeed, left teaching altogether, and am pursuing a new career with the plan of setting up my own business by the end of the year. Exciting times!
Oh wow, how exciting. Can you tell us what you're going to be doing or is it a secret :)

scats

Visit site
Oh wow, how exciting. Can you tell us what you're going to be doing or is it a secret :)

I’m doing my professional dog grooming qualifications, with the intention of setting up at home in a purpose built unit- which I’m currently pricing up. I absolutely can’t wait!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Good luck with your appt Wheels.
And with your new venture Scats. Sounds very exciting.
MP he looks lovely. I am sure you will have great fun with him. Will he be a dancing horse too?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Dim Tim is entered for his first hunter class. He has never cantered in a group beforeo_O

His sister is also on the lorry for the small hunter. She hates her brother, thankfully it is a local show so he won't be terrified for too long. No doubt once we get there Dim Tim will decide he can't bear to be without his sister and will start squawking for her. She will cut him dead and claim not to know him. I just hope we are home before it hits 30 degrees.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Have fun in the sun everyone!

It's cold and wet here, but I have a lesson tomorrow which will be good. Then the rest of the weekend will probably be spend avoiding getting rained on and riding in the bush because it's too wet to ride in the paddock.

j1ffy

Visit site
Not a lot here either as Indio is on his bute trial. We did a gorgeous long sunny hack yesterday as I was able to sneak a couple of hours out of work. I have Pocholo to ride tomorrow as well so I guess I’ll do a short arena session with each.

It also seems like it will be a good day to teach 2yo Chilli about the hose pipe, I think he’ll enjoy being cooled down!

Sunday I’m doing family stuff so probably won’t fit a ride in :(

Fiona

Visit site
Definites are a lesson for me today, and XC schooling for us both on Monday.

However there is loads of stuff on over the weekend so might go and SJ somewhere too.

There is an IPS show, but entries are £20 per class...

Enjoy yourselves everyone, whether it's camp, competing, or getting to know new ponies x x

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
I am allowed to drive again- woop.

I can gradually reduce the time I'm wearing my splint now over the next few weeks but still need to wear it at 'danger times' whatever that means, around the horses I assume :)

I have an interesting lesson coming up on Tuesday, a bit of off horse pilates then an on board lesson to put it into practise.

Other than that we will be schooling and hacking :)

oldie48

Visit site
Grrrr, my dressage outing did not go well. The warm up was very busy and I found it a bit intimidating so didn't get Rose going forward properly. The test was in an arena we've been in for a warm up before without a problem. It's adjacent to the lorry park and Rose was quite nappy at the gate end. I've had some nappiness in a warm up but not in a test so it took me by surprise. She went really nicely on Wednesday, hacked her out yesterday with a quick run through of the test afterwards, which went well, so I am a bit disappointed. I've already got the saddler coming out to check her saddle and she's also having her back checked again. TBH in my heart I dont think it's pain related and she should have had her season by now, so I think I am going to have to man up and sort it. I think I might need to buy an air jacket!!!! Any ideas on how to deal with it gratefully received, she just jams on the brakes and humps not unseating me but I am not sure how it might escalate. Bloody horses! I wll also get her teeth checked just to be sure.

Wheels

Visit site
Sorry things are not going great oldie - I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage, could well be pain related. Could it be that the behaviour she is exhibiting is not new and could have been a contributing factor to why she was roughed of before you bought her? A wise person once said to me that people generally don't stop riding or give up competing a horse that is going well.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I had a terrific time with Daemon xc schooling... He gave my YM's young horse a textbook lead over all the baby fences, through both water complexes, up and down steps, banks, over ditches... He was practically perfect from start to finish, and very, very happy to be out!

65632501_1045166172359095_5274916105226289152_o.jpg

65271871_1045165682359144_1961019279226699776_o.jpg