Sunshine Tour

vickybentley

Visit site
Hi all,

I have seen a few shows in my area that are qualifiers for the sunshine tour at Hickstead, and I was wondering what people's experiences have been when they've attended in the past? I'm after good or bad. I have a very well behaved horse but he has his moments and I wonder whether the atmosphere is quite chaotic due to it being such a large event?

I don't want to qualify and then go and end up hating it having wasted money on transport etc!

Thank you!

smiggy

Visit site
I did the dressage year before last. I did find it really busy and super expensive. The classses fill so quickly that I had to enter on three separate days ( I am very local ) but then had not only entry fees but hefty first aid charges for each day. I didn’t bother last year.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I went in 2017 and had a fab time. On the whole I found it very well organised and a lovely atmosphere. I did the showing classes with my then 22yr old. He won his in-hand class so it was particularly enjoyable 😄.

I was pretty nervous in the ridden veteran as my boy likes a buck when he gets excited and had a quick snifter to settle the nerves.

It is busy but that’s what you’d expect from a championship show. I qualified in 2018 but didn’t go as I didn’t think I could beat the previous years performance.