Super quick response to sorting portable XC fence out today, and quick HT report too!

Pidgeon

Visit site
Did local HT today and noticed one of the Intermediate fences was only secured at the back and not the front, big wide table. Told the nice ladies in the warm up and had to explain the problem to those in charge as she didn't understand the problem to start with.
Within 30 mins (fence wasn't being used for another 3 hours) the owner had been out and staked the front nice and securely.
So big thanks to Kerilli for making us aware of the problems of unsecured portables and big thanks to the owner for dealing with the problem so quickly.
Oh and quick report, tried the drop noseband back on and he's definately happier and more controllable in it. Did a lovely clear round, still keen but nowhere near as bad so not sure if its the drop back on or his feed having been cut as of Monday ;)
Was PC so judged on style over 3 fences, class had only just finished when we left as it was so hot, so won't find out till later if came anywhere or not. Super pleased with the boy though.

Princess Jess

Visit site
Brilliant to hear the fences problems were addressed quickly, the word is getting out there about the importance of checking all portables - mainly thanks to Kerilli! :D
Glad to hear your boy is progressing well too :)

Pidgeon

Visit site
I was very impressed! The rest of the fences I walked were absolutely fine it was just that one, but once I'd explained on the radio what the problem was they sorted it ASAP!
Cheers much more civilised XC today so think the feed will stay cut and the drop on.

smudge99

Visit site
Glad you enjoyed it even although I do tend to chat too much as the starter!! I thought he looked fabulous well done ... I think a lady from your yard took your frilly but didn't see where you came sorry.

longdog

Visit site
Good news on both counts!
We are off to a PC ODE at the end of the month. I might try & find the relevant info on facebook & post it to the PC wall - I hope they don't take it in the wrong way :(
We have not been before so don't know what the quality of the build is like, just want everyone to be safe.

Pidgeon

Visit site
You know what smudge I thought it was you but didn't like to say as word would get round about the mad woman on a chestnut asking people if they were smudge? :eek: No you're fine I'd rather starters chat away to me to be honest as makes me more relaxed! Aw thanks he's looking that well that lots though he was only 8 and were shocked when I told them he was 15 ;)
Ah that would be Emma, I came 7th which out of about 33 I'm chuffed to bits with :D
Longdog why don't you see if the course is on the facebook group pics that LEC does as that would give you an idea?
I'm just so pleased that I was able to explain to them why it was not good it was only pinned at the back and not the front and that is down to Kerilli :D

smudge99

Visit site
Aw no problem in not recognising lol. Glad you done well. Glad you picked up about the fence it's a learning curve for us all. We are only a small PC but we will remember that point now.

Pidgeon

Visit site
LOL I did but wasn't absolutely sure so didn't want to make a fool out of myself, well no more than normal!
No worries I've jumped it many a time but its only thanks to Kerilli that I've started looking at how the fences are secured if not fixed permanent ones. I imagine in 10 years time they will all be fixed but agree its a bit of a learning curve but when seen the horrific pics when a horse hits one then well worth mentioning. Just so pleased M sorted it out so quickly but then I wouldn't expect anything else from him as he's very good.

kerilli

Visit site
Thank you for noticing and speaking up, for everyone's sake, and a big Well Done on your clear round too, that's great. :) :) :)
Did you see the pic on Fb of the flipped-over table that caused a rotational last week? I've just uploaded it:
Screenshot2012-09-08at210611.png

THIS is why the front always has to be securely fixed too! Physics, isn't it...

Pidgeon

Visit site
No worries its thanks to you for raising it on here that's made me more aware and gave me the courage to raise it and explain to them why it needed to be made secure as I knew what was what from on here now.
That table is pretty similar to the one today except ours had a sloping front.
Thanks onwards and upwards hopefully :)

Zebedee

Visit site
Could anyone post the link to the youtube vid of that poor russian girl? I came across someone today who hasn't taken on board the potential consequences of unfixed portables :(

Zebedee

Visit site
Thanks Ester. That along with the photo up the page was enough to prove the point. Shame I had to resort to the shock tactics though.