Supplement for horse whose had ulcers

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Three years ago my mare was diagnosed by scoping with grade 1 stomach ulcers! She’s a very sensitive mare and the vet was very surprised to only find grade 1 giving her behaviour/reactions.

She was treated and scoped clear. She’s on a very ulcer friendly diet which I’m very lucky to work within a company who have fab nutritionists available to me so diet is fine. She gets as much hay as she’ll eat whenever she’s in a stable and always eats hay before ridden work.

For the past year she’s been on GastraAid by NAF! However recently when girthing up she’s been pawing the ground and lifting a hind leg (always opposite side to you tho!) so she’s obviously a bit uncomfortable.

She’s showing no other signs of discomfort!

I’ve been recommend RiteTrak it is rather expensive though! Although I can get it cheaper via my job.

Any views on the following or any other recommendations?

Protexin gut balancer
Yea-Sac
EquiShure

OlderNotWiser

Visit site
I use Protexin. We’ve had great results on 2 of our horses. My mare was sensitive with her girthing now completely gone and my daughter’s gelding is working so much better on the school now and his jumping is much more consistent.