Supplements 🙈

1434cundell

Visit site
Hi,

I’m new to the pony world and have had quite a journey with our pony who has been quite poorly with respiratory infection, gastric ulcers etc.

She has been previously quite neglected and we are now just starting to see improvements in her weight and general well being.

She’s on gastrogard and will be for another couple of weeks but I want to use a couple of really good supplements to cover various things.

1. Prevention of gastric ulcers and general gut health.

2. Joints

I have had so many recommendations for supplements some being very expensive.

Can anyone give me good solid recommendations that they have seen results with, rather than me reading the manufactures selling spiel which always sounds great!

Many Thanks.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Pink Mash. Its very good for any hindgut issues will you tend to get with treating with GG, as well as generally good for ulcer prone horses. Its not expensive, (£15 a month at the recommened dose) horses look good on it and it contains a full dose of protexin. I fed that mixed with a grass chaff in big trug tubs when I needed weight on a ulcery type horse, and it worked amazingly well. For joints I'm not convinced anything really works but I feed linseed. Thats in the pink mash so nothing extra to add :)

Reactions: TPO

1434cundell

Visit site
What else are you currently feeding?
Thanks Leo, pink mash keeps cropping up on my radar and I have been sent a sample.

So she’s on Equerry Mash which she absolutely loves and seems to work for her. She has had huge issues with eating hard feed as she has had a chronic pharyngitis and still throws her head up when swallowing.

She is also on soaked fibre pellets as she wasn’t eating any hay or haylage. We are making slow progress with that and we have moved yards and where we are now had an abundance of grass so she has been doing well on that too.

I am very tempted with the pink mash as I can mix with her Equerry.

Chihuahua

Visit site
Protexin gut balancer is my go-to for anything that's squitty, clears it up quickly.

Also interested to hear re joints as I've not found anything that makes a difference.