Supplements for headshaking

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for supplements for headshakers?

My lad is a seasonal headshaker, he's ridden in a nosenet which stops the problem altogether when he's being ridden, but the rest of the time from April to October, he spends rubbing his muzzle and chucking his head about.

I can't get him to tolerate a fly mask, and the vet has suggested i try him on anti-histamines but I'd rather see if I can try something a bit more natural before I go on to them.

So any reccomendations would be gratefully recieved by me and my boy!!

cazza

community.webshots.com
Will find out the details for you but there is some patch thingy you put on the horse the treatment costs £60 and it bascially helps cure the horse from headshaking sometimes it takes 2 or three treatments but it has a really good track record. My friends sister is having it done on her horse as her yard owner has had it done on hers and it has cured it, and by all accounts it was a horrendous headshaker.

Tempi

Visit site
Blossy is a headshaker (all year round pretty much now).

She is on Global Herbs Skratch and Zephyr (two separate suppliments).

www.globalherbs.co.uk

give them a call, the suppliments work really well but do introduce them slowly as they smell strong!!
grin.gif

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Thanks for your advice Cazza I'd be really interested to find out more about these patches.

Parisienne Girl I phoned Global Herbs today and they are sending me a sample of Shakefree, to see if he'll actually eat it as the lady said they are quite strong herbs. Fingers crossed!!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
It's not a supplement, but my vets advised me to spray Beconase up my horse's nostrils (two sprays each side when she is breathing in). It makes her worse for a few minutes afterwards but definitely helps, as does a little bute each day (dulls the inflammation in the rhinitis)
Some people have advised me to try Weleda (?) Mixed Pollen homeopathic tablets, but I haven't managed to get them yet.
Good luck
S