Supplements for windsucker/ulcers?

Charmin

Visit site
When depressed and kept in over night my mare started cribbing when she ran out of food. We overhauled her lifestyle and now she lives out 24/7 and she now cribs about tenth of what she did. I do think it's more a boredom buster, she has no other symptoms of ulcers like ticklishness, lack of energy or forwardness or anything. She doesn't crib after being fed. She's already fed on an ulcer friendly diet.

The vet said she doesn't believe there's grounds for scoping. I don't particularly want her insurance effected. So I was just looking for an effective supplement, to see if it effects her cribbing. If it does, time for scoping. If not, then it was worth a try!

PS. Gastroguard is a little out of ideal price range!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I think the most important thing will be to not run out of food. I use a Trickle net, mutch better than other cheaper versions, and if he is still fat I hang it from the ceiling.

Mine is also on Gastro Plus as a preventative. Don't think that would work without ad lib (in a trickle net) forage and low sugar and starch feed though. I am also feeding salt.

Charmin

Visit site
She's out 24/7 and has hay twice a day in winter, in which between the herd grazes all day so not really sure what more I could do.

She also had a trickle net when in which I think triggered her cribbing (she got frustrated and chewed and sucked the net instead). It's just so frustrating arghh.

suey12

Visit site
Protexin, Equine Premium Gut Balancer, this stuff has literally saved one of mine and most feed shops have free sample sachets to try first