Supplier for stable mats please ?

Hornby

Visit site
Please can you recommend a supplier for stable mats. My horses are going through bedding at a rate of knots and with short supply this winter I was considering this as an option - so who do you recommend please? Do you lift yours and clean under - does it give you a hernia? :G: Is it realistic with 2 greys or will they be filthy? :red: Thanks

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
I love Equimat, soft but not too soft, and very light (can pick them up with one hand) but they are pricey.

As I couldn't afford to fit Equimats in a 13 x 15ft I went for www.horsemat.co.uk (croc top version) and have been quite pleased with them; good value for money and the delivery driver was very friendly!! Lift them up after the winter and give them a pressure wash but leave them down during the winter.

custard

Visit site
There's a firm on ebay called Carpetpac and they are very good to deal with have had quite a lot from them.

I've found a well drained floor is the key to not having a smelly stable so if yours is poor, the flat undersided Equimats are better. The best way to clean under the rubber mats is to carefully lift a corner and fold them over, hose underneath then put them back before folding over the other side if that makes sense, saves trying to take them all out!

Groom42

Visit site
Just matted my two boxes - used Stablemats from Chelmsford.Excellent service, delivery withing two days. Lady on phone very helpful,advised me that if you fit mats correctly, ie tight,tight,tight, they will self seal very quickly and you won't need to lift them at all. So far,very happy with them - only drawback, mega stable stains! which proves they DO lay down (anyway,the field isn't exactly soft!). Our grey seems to think the soft warm green pillows are a huge bonus. Ho,Hum, you can't have it all! Have experimented with bedding. Easibed - don't bother! Likewise Bedmax. Am using Woodypet, having seen it in action at Baydale's - very impressed on how it absorbs/works. Only problem there is lack of suppliers in my area - only one.However,the more people want it,the more stockists will bring it in. Their website is very informative.

K27

Visit site
I have equimats in one box- they are v lightweight and I've always been pleased with them. in two of my satbles I have Carpetpac mats and they are great, and a brill price too. I just fold them back to disinfect/clean underneath.

Carpetpac are heavier to install so will need 2 people to put them down unless you're really strong!. I remember replying to a similar post the other day- I'll try to find it for you as The only downside was having them delivered- but I think I was just unlucky!

Also when I was looking, Quattro mats( if you google them) do EVA mats exactly the same as Equimat for a fraction of the price- just without the jigsaw edges.

Johnny777

New User
Visit site
I found a cracking little web site that look very profesional indeed. Worth a look www.stable-mats.com

Hope this helps
grin.gif