support group for cushings owners?

LeneHorse

Visit site
No-one is replying to me in New Lounge:(

My horse has just been blood tested for Cushings and has come back with a positive result. She is in early stages we think - no hairy coat or bulging eyes just not 'right'. She'll be starting on a low daily dose of peroglide (sp) when it arrives from vets and is to get re-tested in a month to see if this is working. I'm sure I read on here that there is a support group for owners of horses with cushings. If anyone can provide any info on this, or suggest any good websites I'd really appreciate it.
thanks x

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i know how you feel, mine was diagnosed last august and is now on 2 prascend tablets daily as we had to keep increasing the dose after each blood test. just to reassure you the tablets really do work and my mare is doing very well....i cant remember the support group but im sure someone else will post soon...good luck with yours

Sophstar

Visit site
Fellow cushings pony owner here too:D There's plenty of us! I use the yahoo group, I've never posted anything but find everyone else's experiences and management intriguing to read. My boy is only on 250mcg of pergolide so we are doing well so far in controlling it (luckily caught it early, no signs of it except for fat pads and a very mild episode of lami):eek:

LeneHorse

Visit site
Thanks for your replies - I got a few in New Lounge as well so plenty of sources of advice to follow up. It's good to know there are others out there going through this. Hope all your horses continue to do well.