Supposed to be going on camp next week and now injured - FED UP!

MissGee

Visit site
As the title says... seriously fed up!!

I'm booked in for a 3 day training camp, starting next Thursday. I went last year and had a super super time as soon as they issued the dates this year I got myself booked in and have been looking forward to it for ages! There's a big group of us going so it should be real good fun as well as gaining some brilliant experience.

But then last Friday, while out hacking in our local woods. I was going through a real overgrown area and this stupid prickly bush decided to get hold of me and pull me off my horse and I landed underneath her. My poor girl just didn't know what to do, she was beside herself and in her panic did everything not to stand on me, missed me with the first three legs but then stood on the inside of my ankle with her back leg!! She took a full stride and OMG it hurt.

Luckily, after a quick trip to A&E, I can say glady say there's nothing broken. However, as you can imagine I have some bad soft tissue damage, my foot/ankle is black and incredibly swollen.

It's now a week on and I'm still in a lot of pain and really worried about not being able to ride properly. I want to be able to go and put my best effort into it but at this moment in time, I've not been back on yet and can't even get my bl**dy boots on!!

Hence... seriously fed up :-(

armchair_rider

Visit site
Can't say I blame you. However you do still have a week to go so don't be too desperate. Lots of ice, lots of gentle exercise to keep it mobile. Perhaps get somebody to ride your horse and keep it ticking over? Also maybe you could contact the organisers and ask for a stable close to the tack room/camp site to minimise the amount of walking you have to do. I'd look for some kind of support to wear too.

MissGee

Visit site
Thanks guys for your support - much appreciated. I'm trying to stay positive ;-)

Luckily my OH rides too, so he's got the job of keeping my horse ticking over (together with our other 3 lol).

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
Poor you what bad luck. You might find it improves this week though. I damaged the ligaments in my ankle earlier this year and was riding by week 2. Do you have flexi stirrups? I found these really helped

MissGee

Visit site
Did you?! Great, that makes me feel better. I'm hoping in the next week it will make a massive improvement, fingers crossed!! Yes I have flexi stirrups, love them ;)

MissGee

Visit site
Thank you! I called and spoke to Sue yesterday, just to see if they had anyone on the waiting list, but they don't for our camp - so it looks like I'm coming, regardless ;)

I'm sure I'll be fine - decided now I just have to pretend it's ok and carry on :)