Surprise Christmas gift

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
Last year I was off work on unpaid sick leave for 5 months so I ended up unable to pay my livery bills. I’m now back at work and slowly catching up on paying off my debts. I went to pay my overdue December bill only to find out it’s been paid for me.
After some detective work it was confirmed that a former livery paid it for me as an anonymous Christmas gift. They had heard that I had been unwell and struggling financially. Some gift, it was nearly $1400! They also did the same for another person on the yard.
I’m humbled, shocked and a little bit teary today as this is an amazing gesture.
I’ve told them I will pay the money back but they have denied any knowledge of it.
I can’t believe someone could be so generous.

Tarragon

Visit site
What a lovely post to read. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It is fantastic to hear of such generosity - what a lovely person!

Gusbear

Visit site
Thanks Shady. 2018 was one very horrible year for me. I was so unwell I couldn’t leave the house or see my horse for weeks on end as I spent my time throwing up or sitting on the loo for months it seemed 😩. My OH of 35 years suddenly left me so his family and our mutual friends (sadly I no longer have any of my own) have ignored me since so it was a very lonely birthday, wedding anniversary, Christmas and New Year for me. At least I have my dog as company! Luckily I now have a new job working from home so dear dog and I can spend the weekdays together. I’m looking forward to 2019 as I’m hoping it will be a good year for me.
Having been give such a lovely and unexpected gift has lifted my spitirs no end.

Gusbear

Visit site
Thanks Mrs Mozart. It’s these things that help me to keep going each day. I’d almost given up on life but such things have helped to keep me ticking along. That and the wonderful HHO community too. You might all be far away by close to my heart. Thanks all for your support and comments. ❤️

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Thanks Shady. 2018 was one very horrible year for me. I was so unwell I couldn’t leave the house or see my horse for weeks on end as I spent my time throwing up or sitting on the loo for months it seemed 😩. My OH of 35 years suddenly left me so his family and our mutual friends (sadly I no longer have any of my own) have ignored me since so it was a very lonely birthday, wedding anniversary, Christmas and New Year for me. At least I have my dog as company! Luckily I now have a new job working from home so dear dog and I can spend the weekdays together. I’m looking forward to 2019 as I’m hoping it will be a good year for me.
Having been give such a lovely and unexpected gift has lifted my spitirs no end.

You poor thing I will be your friend;)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
what a lovely christmas present....i know you have thanked the other livery but why not also send them a thankyou card or maybe a bunch of flowers or chocs to let them know how much it meant to you. hope 2019 turns out to be a good year for you :):)

Shady

Visit site
Oh goodness Gusbear, that is really upsetting to read and I am doubly glad that you are now well and have a new job. Make this YOUR year and fill it with new experiences and friends. Look forward and remember that you are never alone when you have your lovely animals with you. Plus, we are all here if you do need a bit of cheering up and a chat:) x

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
In time you will make friends that are your friends, you will realise that the ex-oh has done you the biggest favour he could possibly have done :) The new job sounds as if it will be a great move for you. With this wonderful gift from an acquaintance as a superb start to the year, this sounds like it could be your year :)

pippixox

Visit site
Wow. What a year, but at least with a lovely end. I hope things pick up for you. I’m a great believer in everything (including the really tough things) happening for a reason.

babymare

Visit site
What a lovely end to a dreadful year. In this world that often seems so wicked it lifts the heart to read simple but such kind gestures like this. Best wishes for 2019

VRIN

Visit site
Things have a habit of working out.
A quote from the 'best exotic marigold hotel' ...“Everything will be alright in the end so if it is not alright it is not the end.” “