Pictures surprise matchy matchy

oldie48

Visit site
My lovely MIL is preparing to meet her maker, well she is over 100, by sorting through her things. She asked me to look at some bits and pieces of jewellery to see if there was anything I'd like. Nothing fancy or flash, the best has already gone to her daughter (as in deed it should) but I was thrilled to find an opal stock pin that had belonged to MIL's uncle who was lost at sea. I love it and it matches some earings OH bought me years ago and also the rose opal browband I bought for Rose. Pointless post really but I am so pleased with it. Obligatory photo doesn't do justice really, it is very pretty.rose opals.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
How beautiful. They really do match so well.

My FIL gave me a beautiful stock pin, but even with a safety chain I'm scared to wear it in case I lose it lol...

Fiona

BOWS28

Visit site
They are beautiful OP. I have to say, my stock pin is also very special. My auntie's dad died about 7 years ago to Cancer. He was the reason i learnt to ride and was the one who encouraged me 100%, when the rest of the non-horsey family weren't so sure... A week before he died, he gave me his stock pin and told me to show the world what i was really capable of. Promised me that he'd be watching me and cheering from wherever he was going to be next. I never saw him again. I wear my stock pin whenever i compete :) Wear it with pride OP!! xx

{108361}

Visit site
Thats so pretty. Be warned though - opals are liable to damage when exposed to extreme cold/heat (my antique dealer grandmother told me this) so be careful if you're wearing it in freezing conditions.

oldie48

Visit site
They are beautiful OP. I have to say, my stock pin is also very special. My auntie's dad died about 7 years ago to Cancer. He was the reason i learnt to ride and was the one who encouraged me 100%, when the rest of the non-horsey family weren't so sure... A week before he died, he gave me his stock pin and told me to show the world what i was really capable of. Promised me that he'd be watching me and cheering from wherever he was going to be next. I never saw him again. I wear my stock pin whenever i compete :) Wear it with pride OP!! xx
What a lovely story and I shall enjoy wearing mine although i will have to relearn how to tie a stock as I currently use a fancy bib front thing, designed for lazy oinks!

Reacher

Visit site
It's l lovely and so are the earrings
I have a silver stock pin that my dad made. ( It's pinned to my pre-tied stock!)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Not a pointless post AT ALL!!

What a lovely keepsake and a super match 👌

Pinkvboots

Visit site
They are really lovely and the stock pin was obviously meant to be yours seen as you had the earings to match, what a lovely coincidence and they are perfect for the dressage arena.

oldie48

Visit site
Just a quick update on wearing my lovely stock pin and matching earings. I managed to tie a decent looking stock eventually! However at the tack check I was told to remove the earings, RC rules apparently. It rather amused me as I was allowed to ride in a stock pin that potentially could have punctured my jugular but not my earings.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
lol! Oh yes the RC rules. i nearly came a cropper at the RC music champs last year. Took earrings and nose stud out for the competition, put them back in afterwards and then got stopped by someone helpful on the way to the prize giving... Duh! Forgot I couldn't take part in a lap of honour without ripping my own ear off :rolleyes:

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I've never heard this? Ive seen many a smart well turned out person wearing stud earrings. I'd understand no dangles or hoops but a shame that these aren't allowed.